Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bird and the Bees

Dear experienced Mothers who have already forged the path of this tricky conversation before me,

I need your help! I know I have already had this conversation with a few of you, but I need some more advice on this special topic. Olivia is almost 8 years old, and I feel like we need to start having some conversations about the birds and the bees. Maybe not the whole nine yards, but something.

I was talking to a friend who has a son whose boy is almost 10 years old and she wants to know specifically how to talk to boys about sex.

So I beg you. Please share your tips. Give me exact phrases you used, and since this is private you can totally be open! I want specifics. Natalie, I remember you having some great advice and even some books that you ordered to help teach your kids about sex. Which books were they again? I would love to have a discussion about this.

Can you help a sister out?

Love you all! I'm so excited to have access to your knowledge through this blog.

Anyone out there?

Testing one two three?

1 comment:

  1. Jess, one book that is a great "getting started" conversation is "The Care & Keeping of You: The Body Book for Younger Girls." It is an illustrated book about girls growing bodies -- talking about using deodorant, shaving legs, puberty, getting your period, etc. I read this aloud with Maddie, and it led to great conversations together over a month or two. That's one book that comes to my mind.

    ReplyDelete