My heart is full this holiday season. I have been doing a Christmas countdown of sorts with my kids that my Mom sent me. It has been so great to turn the focus everyday back to Christ and to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas. It's so easy to get lost in the celebrating. It's ironic that even trying our best to celebrate and create Christmas traditions can bring us stress. Especially as mother's. This year I have tried my best, to let the unimportant things go, and cling to the important. This scripture read, with an added act of service (which I added to my Mom's list, and which is our gift to Christ everyday) has really brought the meaning home for us.
My heart is very full this Christmas Season. I'm feeling very blessed for my situation in life. Blessed to have family that loves me and cares about me. Blessed to have four beautiful children who are thriving and growing and rambunctious, even though sometimes they drive me crazy. Grateful for a husband who loves me and the kids and works so hard for us so that I can stay home and raise my minions. Grateful for good friends who inspire me and make me a better person. Grateful for my health and my mind. My testimony, and my spirit. I'm grateful for good books, and cozy fires. I'm grateful for a warm, beautiful house, ,that is filled with memories, both good and bad. Grateful for the bad, because they make me stronger. Grateful for the good, because it gives me hope.
But mostly I'm grateful for that sacred day so long ago, in Bethlehem, When the Savior of the world, was born in a humble stable. How much love must have been there on that night, with his beautiful, and faithful Mother Mary, and patient, and obedient Joseph. I love thinking of the birth. I love imagining what I would bring the savior if I were a wise man. This year my gift to him, is an added measure of patience with my children. It's a goal to show my husband more love on a daily basis by doing random acts of service, it is to reach out to a widow, who I have not spoken to in over five years. It is to spend time in sincere prayer every day. It is to fulfill my callings in the church, and do my best to be spiritually guided by them. Really these gifts are not for him, but I know that by doing them, they make Him happy. He really is the gift, and I am forever blessed by His gift.
I learn more about the atonement every time I stumble. Just when I think I have something figured out, I am humbled yet again to realize I am so far from perfect. I'm so grateful for repentance. For forgiveness. I know that I can be as close to my Savior as I will let myself. I know he is constantly inviting. Inviting all to come unto him. Inviting us to repent. To pray. To ask. To recieve his blessings. It's up to me to come unto him. And this Christmas Season I will do my best to do just that.
Happy Holidays Friends. You are loved

No comments:
Post a Comment